Wednesday, October 10, 2007

U.S. Food Policy TV (episode 2): Interview with Brian Wansink

Brian Wansink is author of Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think. In this interview, we discuss the Ig Nobel Award in Nutrition, the Bottomless Soup Bowl, the McSubway Study, the misleading power of the "Halo Effect," and whether it is hopeless to seek to change food and nutrition policy.

The first episode of U.S. Food Policy TV appeared in August. We are still on the steep part of our learning curve here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worth watching for the impression of Parisian eaters alone! nice job.

Anonymous said...

Good interview. I'm ambivalent about your guest's conclusions, though. On the one hand, I do believe people should be allowed to make their own decisions--good or bad--but given the huge public health problem that's resulted from American marketing and Americans' sheeplike following of ads (among other food policy aspects), I think maybe some public policy changes are needed.

Bix said...

Great podcast! Loved hearing about the experiment of the bottomless bowl of soup. I put myself in that situation, and you know ... I would probably have eaten more soup. It makes me consider, just a little bit more, what cues are telling me I'm full.